YMCA Operational Updates
We are excited to announce our expanded hours and group fitness schedule here at the YMCA of the Palm Beaches. We appreciate all the great feedback we received from our most recent survey and hope to continue in our operations in such a way that we not only meet but eventually exceed your expectations for what our Y should be. We thank you for your continued patience and are just as eager as the rest of the world to find the perfect balance in our new normal. Please continue providing the feedback and perspective that we search for in perfecting our operations and we will continue to not only make it through the challenges in our world, but also be stronger together for overcoming it. Below are the updated operational changes and scheduled adjustments coming into play in June that we hope will best accommodate the needs of our members:
- Touch-less temperature check upon arrival for all members and staff
- CDC Regulations requiring that all members shower, sanitize, and use appropriate hygiene before, during and after entering the facility
- New signage and spacing requirements are marked and provided onsite to assist with adherence to social distancing guidelines and safety
- All members are asked to continue wearing their mask unless participating in any swim or cardio-based activity where it might hinder one's breathing
- All members will be marked in at each facility space noting time of entry
- We ask that all members please bring a bottle of water with them to the facility for personal hydration along with any additional PPE they see fit
GROUP FITNESS (NOW INDOORS BY RESERVATION)
- Our group fitness programming has been adjusted in order to accommodate for proper cleaning, disinfecting, staging and transition between classes
- As the CDC still considers Group Fitness to be a group event we are required to limit our capacity to a Ratio of 9:1 (Participants to Instructor).
- Reservation will be open on a weekly basis, up to 3 DAYS in advance CALL 561-968-9622 to Schedule
- So that all members have the opportunity to join a group exercise class, we ask all to be respectful and sign up only for one class per day, and up to four times per week, during each week of operations (schedule link below)
- Spacing between participants will follow the 6-foot requirement of the CDC
- Attendance and Reservations are restricted to Active Y Members only
WELLNESS CENTER & LIMITED LOCKERS (AVAILABLE)
- 18 Members are allowed to use the Wellness Center at a time
- To allow access to as many members as possible, we ask that you manage your workout time efficiently. Where possible, please keep your visit to one hour. We ask you to limit time on cardio equipment to 30 minutes.
- If a member arrives and there are already 18 participants located in the Wellness Center their name will be marked down and an alternative space will be provided for a modified work out until entry is available
- All members are required to maintain a social distance of 6 feet minimum
- All members are asked to wipe down or notify a staff member to wipe down their equipment prior to moving on to their next workout
- Individual equipment sign up pages are provided for any machine holding a wait time to allow for members to continue with their workout
- Locker Room access is available at this time and members are asked to please maintain social distancing guidelines and be patient as routine cleaning procedures take place throughout the day
LAP SWIM (AVAILABLE BY RESERVATION & ADJUSTED FOR CLASSES)
- Due to social distancing requirements, lap lane reservation is limited to a maximum of 4 members/hour (reservations are made 3 DAYS in advance) Call 561-968-9622 to Schedule
- Members will have up to 55 minutes of lap swim time to allow for cleaning and transition in preparation of the next hourly appointment
AQUA AEROBICS (BY CD UNTIL "PHASE 2" GOVERNMENT ACTIVATION)
- Unfortunately due to group classes currently only being allowed to take place outdoors for the time being we are unable to have a structured Aqua Aerobics program at this time adhering to our CDC guidelines. We will keep you informed as soon as more details are made available for our reactivation of indoor group programming at the Y later this month.
OELSNER SKATE PARK (AVAILABLE FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS)
- Helmet & Signed Waiver Are Required (No Rental Use Available)
- Limited use of up to 10 participants maintaining a 6ft distance
- Accessible from 4PM-8PM FRIDAYS & 8AM-12PM SATURDAYS ONLY
*CHILD WATCH & YOUTH SPORTS*
- At this time Y-USA has positioned our Child Watch and Youth Sports programming for approval upon "Phase 2" Activation within our State Government Guidelines. We will keep you informed as soon as this occurs along with the reactivation of youth event programming and celebratory functions at the Y.
We all play an important role in promoting Healthy Living and preventing the spread of germs.
As part of our Y family, your safety and well-being is our top priority. And as a family, we all play an important role when it comes to maintaining a healthy environment and preventing the spread of germs. Below are some helpful tips provided by the CDC and information on what we’re doing to continue to keep the YMCA a safe place for all.
What We’re Doing at the Y
As part of our commitment to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all in our care, the YMCA is taking the following precautions:
- We are closely monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation for additional updates and guidance from local, state, national, and international health agencies.
- We will keep you updated on the latest information and advisories related to the operation of our Y locations, services and programs on this web page.
- We are staying prepared should we need to quickly evolve our preventative measures, existing plans and procedures to be in line with additional updates and recommendations from health agencies.
Commitment to Cleanliness
- We continue to adhere to rigorous sanitation practices that follow public health and regulatory guidelines to prevent the spread of germs.
- We have provided hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting wipes for members to wipe down equipment, objects, and surfaces before and after use.
- We have our facility employees working hard to ensure they remain up to date on the latest recommendations and guidance from health agencies.
- We are continuing to educate staff on the prevention and spread of all germs.
- We have provided informational flyers with guidance from the CDC to post and included links above to help keep all of our Y family informed.
How You Can Help
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends these actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases such as the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Wash Your Hands
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Cover Your Cough
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and Disinfect Regularly
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Don’t Touch Your Face
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Avoiding Contact with Sick People
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you feel symptomatic, stay home when you are sick (if possible).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
During this time we’re asking that you stay with us, not as a fitness facility member but as a cause-driven member. We need you to stick with the Y. We need your help by remaining a member so that the Y can continue to keep our promise to the community and step up into the spaces where we can provide meaningful contributions during these uncertain and difficult times.
Thank you for being a member now and in the future and we look forward to us all coming back together to Our Y to do the things we love for the community we love. The YMCA is a non-profit organization that is much more than a gym. When this virus is contained, we look forward to serving you and your family to our full potential once again. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our Y’s response, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.