Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation has completed the necessary repairs (heater & leak) required for us to reopen the Gleneagles Aquatic Center (2728 Lake Worth Road) starting on Monday, February 6th!
Due to the need of lighting at night, we will continue to operate at Santaluces Aquatic Center (6750 Lawrence Rd.) at night for swim lessons and open swim. At the end of March, we will be at the Gleneagles Aquatic Center full time.
Below are the updated hours of operation for both Aquatic Centers.
Gleneagles Aquatic Center
(2728 Lake Worth Road)
Santaluces Aquatic Center
(6750 Lawrence Road)
Thank you for understanding!
Discover the Fitness Benefits of Aqua Aerobics!
Aqua Aerobics classes are a great way to mix up a traditional gym workout with the wondrous benefits of water. It only takes a few aqua aerobics sessions and you’ll see a big difference in your overall fitness.
Also know as water aerobics or sometimes waterobics, typical classes will involve all the exercises you would expect in a ‘dry’ class. But there are added bonuses when you exercise in water with added resistance and reduced pressures and limitations on joints and muscles.
The Top Benefits of Aqua Aerobics
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles
- Working out in water helps build strength. Fighting against the push of the water activates your muscles
- Water pressure helps put less strain on the heart by moving blood around the body
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion
- Working out in water helps prevent overheating, helping you exercise for longer
- And… it’s fun! It is not often you can say that about a workout.